When it comes to being a travel influencer, you either go big or go home.
The pressure goes a notch higher if your dream is to become a luxury travel influencer. With all the influencers out there, how do you make yourself stand out in the crowd?
Follow these simple tips on how to become a luxury travel influencer and show the world’s beauty to travelers and nature lovers:
Start with the Basics
To be a real luxury travel influencer, first, you should deal with the basics that include the following:
- Come up with a catchy name. Make sure you personify your name because you are a real-life person, and not a company or a brand.
- Build your luxury travel website. There are now many tools you can use for this purpose for free.
- Create several social media accounts, specifically on Instagram and Facebook.
- Set dedicated contact information in the form of a professional-sounding email address.
- Write a brief bio about yourself. This can be used on your website’s About page to give your audience and potential brands an idea of who you are.
- Determine the specific scope you want to focus on. It can be a specific country or region of the world or a niche market of luxury hotels and accommodations. Being specific will help you establish yourself as an expert influencer.
- Write interesting and unique articles for your site and post captivating photos on your social media accounts.
Now, this may sound obvious, but it is actually easier said than done. One of the most important steps on how to become a luxury travel influencer is to have more money and time.
Without these two, you will be nothing but just another wannabe influencer who writes about destinations you have never even visited in the first place.
If you don’t travel a lot, you will also lack inspiration, with no stunning photos to share with your audience, and they will feel the void right there and then.
It will be a great help if you have a primary job that can give you the funds you need for your luxury travels. You can also try to save up so you can go on weekend getaways to top destinations without blowing your budget.
Establish Your Credibility
In the world of luxury travel influencers, it is never a simple task to build credibility. This isn’t something you can just gain overnight, or even in two weeks or two months. It is a lengthy process that requires dedication and commitment on your part.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure that your audience will see you as a true authority in the field of luxury travels:
- Always put yourself forward in your content and photos.
- Create a media kit that includes your website’s traffic stats, your most popular articles, and your bio.
- Generate unique and nice content. Never copy and paste from other influencers and websites.
- Give genuine recommendations, tips, and pieces of advice about the destinations you visited.
- Engage or collaborate with other luxury travel influencers on their social media accounts or websites.
- Post at least one article per week with 400 to 700 words.
- Take your own photos as much as possible.
- Try to increase the number of your social media followers.
Use these simple tips and become the best luxury travel influencer in the world!