One of the most awaited events of the year is Dubai Expo 2020. The platform is used to promote international trade and investment, create a strong community, and spread innovation across the globe. The theme is ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, and 120 nations are expected to attend.
Dubai World Expo 2020 will feature a wide variety of attractions and events across world pavilions, as well as an opportunity to shop and dine. Over 200 restaurants and 192 pavilions from 192 countries are expected to be featured. Don’t wait to get your tickets to Dubai Expo 2020!
Dates of Dubai Expo Opening
Dubai Expo was scheduled to take place between October 2020 and April 2021. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference has been rescheduled. Dubai Expo will be bigger and better after it opens on 1 October 2021 and will continue until 31 March 2022.
Dubai Expo Safety Measures for COVID-19
Dubai Expo has implemented numerous public safety guidelines in response to the pandemic. Here are the things you should know before planning a trip:
- You can now book tickets online. The best way to ensure a contactless experience is to pre-book tickets online.
- The Dubai Expo requires all visitors to wear a mask at all times
- The entrance to the Dubai Expo has been equipped with thermal cameras to monitor the temperature of all visitors
- Throughout the Expo, there will be several hand sanitizer stations for public use
- There is a mandatory social distance of at least 2 meters between visitors. The venue will also be marked with floor markings and signs that encourage distancing.
- Each touchpoint and the public venue is regularly sanitized and disinfected
- Those displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 like fevers, coughs, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, etc., should remain at home and self-quarantine.
Expo 2020 Dubai Themes
Dubai Expo’s main theme this year is ‘Connecting Minds, Creating The Future. Ultimately, it seeks to be a platform for ingenious solutions that will help shape the future. This is accomplished through the Expo’s three pillars: Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability. Expo 2020-21 aims to improve connectivity, promote renewable energy, and improve social reform through awareness.
What to Expect at Expo2020 Dubai
Within the Programme for People and Planet, our 10 theme weeks explore humankind’s most critical competitions and opportunities from a cultural, social, economic, environmental, and societal point of view during Expo 2020 Dubai. Take part in conversations about questions that will shape the future of our planet as you create a new world.
The weeks are:
- Climate & Biodiversity (3 – 9 Oct 2021)
- Space (17 – 23 Oct 2021)
- Urban & Rural Development (31 Oct – 6 Nov 2021)
- Tolerance & Inclusivity (14 – 20 Nov 2021)
- Knowledge & Learning (12 – 18 Dec 2021)
- Travel & Connectivity (9 – 15 Jan 2022)
- Global Goals (16 – 22 Jan 2022)
- Health & Wellness (27 Jan – 2 Feb 2022)
- Food, Agriculture & Livelihoods (17 – 23 Feb 2022)
- Water (20 – 26 Mar 2022)
Pavilions on the platform provide information, education, and entertainment. Expo 2020 pavilions have been divided innovatively; each of the participating countries will explore one of three sub-themes on culture and science. Visitors can thus enjoy a truly global experience.
Visitors to the Dubai Expo 2020 will be entertained with a wide range of attractions. Visit the rotating observation tower, dine and shop endlessly, befriend Latifa and Rashid, the Expo 2020’s official mascots, and more! Keep an eye out for related projects such as Jewel of the Creek, and Museum of the Future.
Culture & Art
The Dubai Expo would not be complete without a dedicated art area. There will be plenty of cultural experiences! Visit the Al Wasl Opera, take part in the Crafts & Design Programs, explore the visual arts like never before, witness stunning art installations and take part in art workshops, and more.
You’ve probably never celebrated like this before! You can enjoy everything from A-listers to opera, flash mobs to parades, all to heighten your senses.
Listed below are just a few of the experiences you can expect:
- Stars of the wild – Al Wasl Plaza
- A Beethoven-inspired robo-band – Germany Pavilion
- Dance and sing along – Al Wasl Plaza
- Street festivals
- Music and concerts
A World Expo would be incomplete without a variety of cultural events. Participate in live performances by world-class musicians and comedians, and festivals by different countries. Attend workshops that teach you how to make your robotic friend! Find a platform with avant-garde experimenters and thinkers. Additionally, you can participate in everything from extreme sports to meditation sessions.
Engage in conversations that will change the future for the better. There will be a series of talks at Expo 2020 that deal with critical environmental and human issues. Tolerance and inclusivity, knowledge, and rural development were already discussed topics, while upcoming topics include mental health, agriculture, water, and digital connectivity.
The Dubai Expo offers plenty of souvenirs to bring home. Innovation and eco-friendliness go hand-in-hand with sustainability at this event. Small stores and local businesses often sell products such as stationery, clothing, food, and toys that are made from recycled materials. These are great as unique gifts or to store as collectibles.
Culinary enthusiasts are in for a treat. The Dubai Expo offers more than 200 food outlets offering more than 50 different cuisines. The Dubai Expo offers unique dining options – all ingredients are sourced from local suppliers and cater to the dietary needs of all visitors, regardless of their budget. Additionally, visitors can learn how robots and virtual reality will change the future of food.
Technology and Innovation
Countless technological advances lie ahead. Experience a world that is truly connected and discover life-changing innovations. All at Dubai Expo2020.
Some of the experiences you can explore are:
- Innovations in the Mobility District
- Artificial Intelligence – UK Pavilion
- Innovations in the Sustainability District
- The future of air travel – Emirates Pavilion
- Healthcare Innovations – Global Best Practice Programme
- Innovations in the Opportunity District
Expo 2020 in Dubai is one of the most anticipated events, with plenty to do. Travelers, business people, tourists, scientists, artists, and others will gather to share new experiences, innovate and solve problems.
You might also be interested in: